Monday 11 July 2011

"Lessons in Parenthood"

I added another section to this blog, so I thought it deserved an introduction too!

When I married my husband Scott, I didn't just marry him, I married his son Scott (who will further be known as Scotty, so not to confuse) as well. I took him, whose love and confidence I had won, to be my wedded son, to live together, to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him in sickness and in health so long as we both shall live! He's 9 years old and going into the 4th grade, and he is an absolute riot.

He's just like Scott, and he looks up to his dad so much. I could not have been more blessed with the step-son I got.

However, I am young, and I've been thrust into co-parenting a 9 year old boy. We have him half-time, so for me, I get the best of both worlds- I get to co-raise a kid, but Scott and I are still able to enjoy our time as newlyweds.

Again, I AM BLESSED!

I am already learning so much, so posts will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment